A client of ours is looking for punctual candidates with great time management skills for the position of a courier driver. The perfect candidate will be responsible for delivering packages to clients/businesses in a timely manner, working overnight and every alternative weekend. Drivers will sometimes be needed to lift heavy objects and load them into their vehicles, requiring body strength and stamina.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe and timely manner.
- Picking up office purchases or other administrative needs.
- Working at night and every alternative weekend.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are completed, the charges are correct, and the customer is content.
- Providing the best customer service, answering questions and handling complaints from clients on the spot.
- Carrying out vehicle maintenance checks.
- Utilizing navigation apps to find the most optimal route.
- Maintaining an organised schedule.
- Ensuring that the vehicle always has fuel and is ready to use.
- Updating weekly mileage records.
- Grade 12.
- A valid Code 8 or Code 10 drivers’ license.
- Must be fluent in English and 1 African language.
- 3 Years proven experience as a driver.
- Physical strength and the ability to lift up to 30kgs.
- Proficiency using GPS devices.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good verbal communication.